
As a camp counciler at the YMCA, I walk with a group of 15 to 20 kids from our facility to the Library on 2nd Ave., and then on to the Hazelwood Harvest Urban Garden on Ladora Way every Wed. morning. Each week, we walk past empty buildings, and step over broken bottles. Each week we see what can only b

e called urban decay. But within that, there is beauty everywhere. This past week, I brought my camera, and took lots of pictures. The kids in my group kept asking, "What are you taking a picture of that for?" And I kept answering the same way. "Because I want to." I am going to post some of those photos right here. Next week, as we go to the garden, I will bring my camera again. This time, however, I am going to let the kids take pictures of whatever they want. Because they want to. And I will post them, too...
Rory














No comments:
Post a Comment